Biopsy Test in Kolkata
A biopsy is a medical procedure to remove samples of cells, tissues, or fluid from your body to be tested in a laboratory. You may be recommended this test if you have any symptoms such as a foreign mass of unknown origin, or a history of cancer.
Are you looking for a biopsy test in Kolkata? Quadra is your answer!
At Quadra, we strive to provide world-class facilities for a convenient and seamless diagnostic experience. Equipped with advanced pathology facilities since 2001, we provide routine as well as critical biopsy tests at an economical cost.
What to Keep in Mind Before, During, and After a Biopsy Test?
A biopsy test is usually a planned procedure, requiring a few pre-procedure adjustments, such as:
- Avoid blood thinners or insulin dosages.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 8 hours before the procedure.
- Inform the doctor about any recent illnesses or possible pregnancy if you are a woman.
- Discuss with the doctor about any medications that may interfere with anaesthesia.
A biopsy procedure entails the insertion and extraction of a needle through your body to reach the area of interest to collect samples that will be sent for testing.
Hence, during the procedure it is a good idea to remember a couple of points:
- Inform the doctor about fever, illness, periods, or any other medical occurrence that may have occurred in the last 24 hours.
- Provide information about any recent over-the-counter medication, vitamins, or supplements.
- You may feel a pinch from the injection when you are administered a sedative.
The procedure may have a few consequences, such as:
- You may feel pain at the site of the biopsy and may be instructed to avoid heavy exercise.
- Ensure you have a companion to accompany you from the laboratory to your house.
- Take care to keep the site of the biopsy and avoid any infections.
How to Find a Reliable Destination for a Biopsy Test in Kolkata?
A biopsy test has two parts–-the procedure and the testing. A reputed biopsy diagnostic laboratory will take care of both parts equally well. Here’s how to gage how good a facility is:
- The staff at the laboratory will inform you about the various steps of the procedure and the precautions to be taken.
- A good facility will ensure clean and pleasant surroundings for the procedure.
- The communication between the procedural team and the laboratory analysing the samples will be efficient.
3. The laboratory will test the correct samples and provide timely and accurate results.
4. The entire procedure and the total cost involved will be explained when you book the test.
Quadra is renowned for such a patient-focused service!
Why Choose Quadra for the Best Biopsy in Kolkata?
At Quadra, we excel at facilitating various procedures such as bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, DIF kidney biopsy, DIF skin biopsy, liver biopsy, and kidney biopsy. Our highly experienced doctors are assisted by a trained and efficient staff. We pride ourselves on following the CAP protocol for reporting oncopathology biopsy samples.
To book a biopsy test in Kolkata, available at any of our four branches, give us a call today at 03366012345/03349508000.
To get a quick quote, click here to send us a WhatsApp message, and we will get back to you immediately!